Friday, October 18, 2013

An aside

I have been dealing with some very long working hours combined with an always hectic Fall schedule that includes my sons birthday.  Thus the less frequent posts.
 
Since my work is requiring a fair amount of driving at the moment, I am "reading" some audio books.  I decided to sample some zombie fair, you have seen some of them, and will see a few more, but I will eventually move on.  Although the writing quality of the published zombie fair is usually pretty good, the derivative nature of the plotting is almost stunning at times.
 
Since audio books require less set aside time, and thus less opportunity cost, I will probably be a little more adventurous with those selections.  Although, I like the straight up apocalyptic novel, I haven't seemed to latch onto reliable batch of them outside of a few real famous ones (Parable of the Sower for instance).  Once I get through my current purchases, I will start looking a little harder.

2 comments:

PioneerPreppy said...

Zombies are cool though.

Although I prefer zombies in movies more than in books.

russell1200 said...

Pioneer: I find zombies in movies to be much scarier. Novelistic slow zombies in particular seem to be more annoying than threatening. Shoot in World War Z they have a guy in wheel chair able to take them on one-on-one.